It's the WHERE of the What, Where, When and How of communication policy that will keep leaders and remote teams on top of projects.
Generally speaking, these are the platforms (or platforms families) to share each type of information:
- Email - detailed information sharing such as reporting and directives
- Slack - time-sensitive, response required info i.e. "Which Zoom link do we need for the noon meeting?"
- Asana - project planning and management. Task lists, future steps, timelines
- Zoom - easy to use, has breakout rooms for sub-teams, records to the cloud
- Dropbox/OneDrive - holds living documents like contacts list and email addresses for easy team access
- GSuite/Sharepoint - specific docs that require team editing and approval
L-12 Services LLC is rolling out videos for tips like this and more every few days on the Remote Teams Video Tips page. Please leave a comment and tell us what information is critical for you and your team to make a smooth transition today.
For more information about executive virtual assistance or communications training for remote teams, please visit our Services page or schedule an appointment.